Dance Chicago 2016-17 The 22st Anniversary Season
Location: Athenaeum Theatre, 2936 North Southport, Chicago
NOTE: ALL ATHENAEUM THEATRE PERFORMANCES ARE NOW ON THE MAINSTAGE
All applicants need to sign up for social media sites to get updated ticket and production information:
You must press submit button at the bottom this online application on or before 11 p.m. on October 1, 2016.
Note: Since we are redesigning the website, please copy this entire page, once completed and email to My 2016 Application
Links are preferred to DVD's and can be submitted later than the application, but before October 20. Links are now preferred to dvd's - make sure privacy settings are removed so we can view the links.
Instructions for links (or dvd)
1. DO NOT SUBMIT WORKS THAN CANNOT BE PERFORMED IN THE FESTIVAL.
2. ALL WORKS SUBMIITTED MUST BE REHEARSED AND READY TO BE PERFORMED THROUGHOUT THE FESTIVAL ON ALL DATES WITH ONLY A FEW DAYS NOTICE. IF ANY PERFORMANCE DATE IS NOT POSSIBLE, YOU MUST STATE WHICH WORKS CANNOT BE PERFORMED ON WHICH DATES ON THIS APPLICATION NEXT TO THE WORK TITLE, FOR EXAMPLE - WORK TITLE: "MIRACLE INTERRUPTED" (CANNOT BE PERFROMED ON 12/5 AND 12/3)
Your company name and work titles must clearly be identified on the viewing links or dvd, mail links to View Dances Online You must enclose a $25.00 non-refundable application fee with your links or dvd. You may also use "Donate" button above if you wish to use PayPal. NOTE: No works will be viewed until the payment is received.
We will then review your works once we receive your fee. Your application fee will cover viewing of up to 10 works. The viewing of your works and the paying of your fee does not guarantee you a place in Dance Chicago 2016, although we will do our best to include you. 95% of applicants performed in Dance Chicago 2015.
After you press submit >> You must mail the $25 fee and dvd (links preferred - remove Youtube privacy settings so we can view) and a photo CD (email photos preferred) - see below - with each work clearly labeled in the exact order as listed on the application. Since we are redesigning the website, please copy this entire page, once completed and email to My 2016 Application
1. Companies may receive a percentage of each ticket sold via their personal code.
2. Reduced rate rehearsal space will be given to selected groups at the Athenaeum Theatre / Dance Chicago Studios: Rehearsal Space
3. Groups selected will also have an opportunity to perform with fee on Dances from the Heart and/or DUKE IT OUT! at the Music Institute of Chicago in Evanston on December 10
4. Dance Chicago 2016 will consist of two dramatically different performance spaces in the Athenaeum Theatre: Mainstage (985 seats Proscenium Theatre) and the Music Institute of Chicago - a music concert hall.
5. Special incentives will be given to new work that represents a departure from existing Chicago dance traditions.
You must mail the $25 payment, and dvd (if you are not furnishing links)
After you press submit >>
Mail $25 check, payable to Emergence Dance Theatre, dvd (if not furnishing links) with each work clearly labeled in the exact order as listed on the application and a printed copy of your application to:
John Schmitz, Artistic Director
5851 North Kenmore, 3S
Chicago, IL 60660
In addition to your links/dvd of your submitted works, please EMAIL THREE images (no lorger than 1 MB) of the dances you have submitted. If images do not exist of the dances you are submitting, please include the best images you have. These images are provided to the press.EMAIL TO: MY 2016 PHOTOS
NOTE: ALL DANCER'S EMAILS AND/OR FACEBOOK SITES MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION.